Since December, dozens of us in the Pulse Community have been completing monthly 30-Day Challenges designed to help us feel better in every day life and to help us get more out of our classes. Our first at-home challenge was to either plank, squat, crunch, or do push-ups daily according to a challenge schedule, with each day getting progressively harder. Since then we have completed a range of challenges focusing on strength and stability. Here are a few of the things we have learned along the way:
- go to link We can do more than we think we can.
Our original challenge series added a lot of reps quickly. We learned that with a few well-timed breaks and modifications as needed, that we can keep going and do double, triple, even quadruple, what we had previously thought was possible.
- http://click.marissa-lynn.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0//"http:////click.marissa-lynn.com//free-marketing-resource-get-opened-lm///" Being accountable is easier with group support. At the start of the challenge members were added to a closed Facebook group where we could post our progress, help motivate others, and get ideas for modifications. For many of us, seeing other people’s daily updates is what gets us off the couch at the end of a long day and keeps us on track.
- http://dr-buckner.com/?hid=B20A632118472D22535F6DF1B5838144 Doing something consistently is key. By the end of the second week, many challengers started noticing that achy joints were improving, they felt better, and they found they could do more during their Pulse classes. We love the idea of people getting more from their classes. But what we love most is knowing that they are also decreasing risk of injuries, improving bone density, revving their metabolism, improving heart health, and boosting their energy!
- A little incentive never hurts. Everyone who finishes the challenges each month is entered into a drawing for unlimited classes at PulsePDX for the next month.
- Take just 5-10 minutes a day.
- Are easily modified for all fitness levels.
- Tie in with our strength classes for the month. Any time you attend Fusion, Burn, Pound, or Strength and Stability, you will have met the challenge requirement for the day.
- Focus on exercises which will increase flexibility or stabilize joints such as the shoulders, hips and knees, and add core strength to protect the low back. While you may end up with 6-pack abs from these challenges, our focus is on making consistent, gradual health improvements so that we feel great in our bodies. Every day.
- Give everyone that completes them the opportunity to win a free month of unlimited classes for the following month.
For all of 2016, we challenge you! We challenge you to feel better, have more energy, be stronger, have healthier joints, and make yourself a priority for a few minutes each day. To take part in November’s Leg Challenge, just join the Facebook group by November 1st.
Here’s to continuing to feeling strong, flexible and healthy in 2016!