Wash Hands, Workout, Repeat
If you have been in class lately, you may have noticed ‘air fives’ and elbow bumps have replaced high fives, sweaty hugs, and hand shakes. At PulsePDX, we are committed to doing out part to protect the health of our community and to lower the risk of illnesses spreading. Based on current recommendations, here are some things we are doing, along with some ways you can help.
Steps we are currently taking:
- Asking team members to stay home if they have any signs of illness
- Sanitizing all mats after each class using the Matsana machine that utilizes UV light to kill 99.99% of all bacteria
- Wiping down Toning Sticks, Pound Sticks, and Melt rollers after each use.
- Making bags of resistance bands available for purchase at cost for people that would like their own supplies for Burn
- Sanitizing all high-touch surfaces repeatedly throughout the day
Steps you can take:
- Stay home if you have any signs of illness, particularly fever, coughing, shortness of breath, or other respiratory issues
- Make use of the hand sanitizer at the reception desk
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after coughing, sneezing, touching your face, or attending classes that use equipment
- Place used mats on the mat stand by the Matsana under the cubbies on the far right.
- Place used Toning Sticks and Pound sticks in the bucket labeled “Sticks To Clean”
As guidelines change we will update the steps our community can take to reduce our risks. This may include further limiting class sizes or live-streaming classes, if needed. We know that it is in times like these that we all really need the stress relief that exercise and community provides. We are committed to doing whatever is needed to keep that going. We appreciate your help in creating the healthiest environment we can!